Skip to main content

Getting married

Find out how to get married in NSW. 

COVID-19 (coronavirus)

There are important updates about COVID-19 (coronavirus) for wedding services and places of worship.

Read the full information for wedding services

If you are planning to marry, you need to give an authorised marriage celebrant, either civil or religious, at least one month's notice of your planned date.

You may also need to prove your divorce or, if you are marrying outside Australia, that you are single and unmarried.

Update your Will, as it is usually no longer valid after you marry, unless it was made in anticipation of marriage.

Related information

Housing and property

Find information for first home buyers, buying, selling or renovating a property, renting a home, Aboriginal housing, social housing and housing options for older people.

Having children

Find out about having a baby, fostering or adopting a child and pregnancy and birth care.

Protecting those you care about

When relationships change status, it's a good time to look at your Will. This guide helps explain what's involved, what's included and where to get help when planning your Will.
Top of page