14 Recovery Centres now open
Three additional Recovery Centres have opened their doors to the community, helping flood-affected locals transition from response into clean-up and recovery.
Minister for Emergency Services and Resilience and Minister for Flood Recovery Steph Cooke said the new Recovery Centres are located at Chinderah, Evans Head and Londonderry.
“We now have two Recovery Centres in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley, two on the Central Coast and 10 in Northern NSW providing individuals, families and business owners easy access to a range of Government support, services and advice,” Ms Cooke said.
Parliamentary Secretary for Police and Emergency Services and Member for Tweed Geoff Provest said Recovery Centres bring together NSW Government agencies, community organisations and service providers under one roof.
“We are working around the clock to provide as many services as possible to those in need in the dozens of towns across Northern NSW, who are now beginning the long and difficult task of cleaning up and rebuilding,” Mr Provest said.
Member for Clarence Chris Gulaptis said the road to recovery would be long, but the focus is on delivering as much practical support as possible.
“Residents in the lower Richmond, particularly those in Broadwater and Woodburn, have been decimated by the unprecedented flooding. Lost documents can be replaced, cleanup services can be accessed and emergency accommodation can be arranged through Recovery Centres,” Mr Gulaptis said.
Across NSW, there are now 14 Recovery Centres operating at:
- Ballina: Ballina Surf Club, Lighthouse Beach Parade, East Ballina;
- Casino: Casino Community and Cultural Centre, 35 Walker Street, Casino;
- Chinderah: Kingscliff Seventh Day Adventist Church, 85 Phillip Street, Chinderah;
- Evans Head: Evans Head Recreation Hall, 7 Kirkland Court, Evans Head;
- Grafton: Old St George Bank, 32 Prince Street, Grafton;
- Kyogle: Kyogle Memorial Institute, 131 Summerland Way, Kyogle;
- Lismore: V Block, Southern Cross University, Military Road, East Lismore;
- Londonderry: Londonderry Community Hall, 360 Carrington Road, Londonderry;
- Maclean: Maclean Community Centre, 50A River Street, Maclean;
- Mullumbimby: 55 Dalley Street, Mullumbimby;
- Murwillumbah: Murwillumbah Civic Centre Auditorium, 10-14 Tumbulgum Road,
- South Windsor: South Windsor Family Centre, 6 Greenhills Way, South Windsor;
- Spencer: Spencer Community Hall, 4776 Wisemans Ferry Road, Spencer; and
- The Entrance: Diggers at The Entrance, 315 The Entrance Rd, Long Jetty.
To view the opening hours of each Recovery Centre, visit:
For those wanting to be assisted remotely, Service NSW is operating as an online one-stop shop, with Customer Care specialists also available on the phone via 13 77 88.