Hundreds of thousands of households have reaped the rewards of the NSW Government’s cost of living programs, with $1.5 billion given back to households since July last year.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian joined Minister for Customer Service Victor Dominello today at the Wynyard Service NSW Centre to reveal the figures and encourage families to check their eligibility for savings.
“There are more than 70 rebates and incentives available across Government that could potentially save households hundreds of dollars a year,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“We are committed to easing cost of living pressure for families which is why we transformed Service NSW into a one-stop shop for household savings.
“Whether it’s a $100 Creative Kids voucher, a senior savers card or a better energy deal, hip pocket relief is available.”
Mr Dominello said: “Checking your eligibility and making a saving is simple and easy and can be done online, in store or by making an appointment with a cost of living specialist at Service NSW.”
“People simply love our cost of living support. It only takes a few minutes to claim a saving, but you could leave with extra money in your pocket.”
Milestones to date include:
- Around 30,000 cost of living appointments, saving customers $14 million, with an average saving of $550;
- Around 11,000 customers saving around $4.4 million through Energy Switch, with an average electricity saving of $440 and $134 for gas;
- More than 120,000 drivers saving almost $50 million in free rego and 14,000 drivers saving $3 million in half rego;
- Around 600,000 FuelCheck app downloads
- More than 930,000 Active Kids vouchers downloaded;
- More than 265,000 Creative Kids vouchers downloaded.
The following are the top Service NSW Centres in Sydney for cost of living appointment savings:
|Centre||Savings||Highest Individual Saving|
Further information on the savings is available at www.service.nsw.gov.au