COVID-19 restrictions tightened across Greater Sydney
Given the growing number of infectious cases in the community and unlinked cases of community transmission, COVID-19 restrictions will be tightened across Greater Sydney including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour.
Help stop the spread
Follow the updated rules for Greater Sydney including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour
From 5pm today (Friday, 9 July) the following additional restrictions will be in place
- Outdoor public gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of the same household)
- People must stay in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and outdoor recreation, with no carpooling between non-household members
- Browsing in shops is prohibited, plus only one person per household, per day may leave the home for shopping
- Funerals limited to ten people in total (this will take effect from Sunday, 11 July).
The four reasons to leave your home remain in place
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only)
- Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers’ responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons)
- Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household)
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
Restrictions in regional NSW will remain unchanged.
These tightened restrictions are based on health advice from the Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant.
They are necessary due to the increasing number of unlinked cases in the community.
We understand this is a difficult time for the community and businesses. We thank them for their understanding and patience.
High testing numbers are key to finding unrecognised chains of transmission in the community, so please continue to come forward for a COVID-19 test, even if you have the mildest of symptoms.
Check the latest COVID-19 information.