Premier Gladys Berejiklian today said this was another important step forward in the reopening of NSW.
“We cautiously invite our cultural institutions and libraries across NSW to re-open from 1 June 2020, but with strict new protocols in place,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“NSW is home to some of Australia’s best art galleries and museums and I look forward to them reopening to the public.
“Libraries play an important role in our local communities, providing a safe space for learning and reading and I know many will be pleased to see them reopen.
“I would encourage museums, galleries and libraries to be innovative to ensure strict social distancing is adhered to and good hygiene measures are followed.”
NSW Health will provide guidance to ensure the museums, galleries and libraries operate in a COVID-19 safe way, including:
- exclusion of staff and visitors who are unwell
- limiting the number of guests to allow for 4 square metres per person
- providing distance markers for people queuing at service points
- ensuring adequate handwashing facilities and/or sanitiser
- online ticketing systems for museums and galleries
- no groups and tours
- enhanced cleaning
- 24 hour quarantine of returns for libraries.