New appointments for Artform Advisory Boards
Minister for the Arts Don Harwin has today announced 31 new leading arts and cultural experts from across the State have been appointed to join the 2020/2021 Artform Advisory Boards.
The Minister said he is delighted at this year’s newly appointed Board Members who will join the 10 Artform Advisory Boards to provide their expertise on funding recommendations and strategic advice on the issues and opportunities facing their artform.
“The new board members are some of our state’s leading arts and cultural experts. There were over 200 expressions of interest for the positions. These new members come from right across major performing arts companies, the small to medium sector, our state cultural institutions, and independent artists.
“Almost 40% of the new members are from regional NSW and Western Sydney, 14% are Aboriginal, and 10% are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. More than half are women. They reflect our state’s rich diversity and bring with them passion, deep knowledge and expertise. It’s a pleasure to announce their appointment,’ said Mr Harwin.
Selected Board members will be led by chairs, who are leading members of the arts and cultural sector, on the following Boards:
- Aboriginal Arts & Culture Board – Wesley Enoch AM
- Classical Music, Opera and Choral Board – Naseema Sparks AM
- Contemporary Music Board – Ben Marshall
- Dance & Physical Theatre Board – Karen Moses
- Festivals Board – Noel Staunton
- Literature Board – Jennifer Byrne
- Multi-arts Board – Ross Harley
- Museums & History Board – Kim McKay AO
- Theatre Board – Jono Perry
- Visual Arts Board – Simon Mordant AM.
View the list of members of the 2020/2021 Artform Advisory Boards.
Applications for the 2020/2021 NSW Arts and Cultural Funding Program close on Wednesday 23 September 2020.