New digital Strata Hub goes live
Homeowners, buyers and the property service industry will benefit from stronger accountability and transparency with more than 83,000 strata schemes across the State able to register and consolidate their details into a new digital Strata Hub.
Minister for Customer Service and Digital Government Victor Dominello said with more than one-in-seven NSW residents living in strata, it was crucial they were provided with accurate and up-to-date information.
“Buying and living in a strata scheme is a significant investment of time and energy and relevant information can be difficult to find,” Mr Dominello said.
“The Hub will evolve to act as a one-stop shop for those living in, or looking to, purchase a strata property.
“Strata living is a popular option for couples and families and this platform will enable them to make more informed decisions about where they live. NSW, after Ontario in Canada, is the only place in the world to offer something like this for its people.”
Minister for Fair Trading Eleni Petinos said the Hub would be a game changer for prospective buyers and homeowners.
“The Hub will be easy to use and allow people to access a wealth of clear information on strata issues anywhere, anytime,” Ms Petinos said.
“Whether you’re after the facts on keeping a furry friend, renovating, or repairs and maintenance in strata, you’ll be able to find it at the click of a button in one centralised hub.
“This a big win for those living in or wanting to live in strata – it will provide them with more transparency and hold strata schemes to account.”
The reporting platform is now open for registrations, which means owners corporations or their managing agents can register their details and do a proof of identity check to complete their profile on the strata portal.
In August, strata schemes or their managing agents can submit regulatory information such as fire and safety information and occupation certificates. The search function will also feature geo spatial mapping so people can locate strata schemes faster.
- The nominated emergency service contacts will be shared with emergency services agencies;
- All people wanting to buy, live and work in strata can register on the strata portal to access tailored general information about strata living on the NSW Government website including, basic strata information about plan numbers, street addresses, number of lots and registration dates.
Strata scheme residents and owners will also be able to register on the strata portal to review:
- All the information available to the general public;
- Webinars and how to information for strata scheme reporting;.
- Date of issue for the latest annual fire safety;
- Whether the scheme has formed a strata renewal committee and its date;
- Contact details for the strata manager and building manager (if any).
All strata schemes in NSW will soon need to report key information online each year.
More information is available on the NSW Government website.