Minister for Finance and Small Business Damien Tudehope said applications for the Grant had been extended until midnight Monday, 31 August 2020, and expanded to eligible small businesses in a further 18 industries.
“Small businesses are doing a great job adapting to the new health and safety requirements and we know these grants are helping to cover some of these costs,” Mr Tudehope said.
“There is still time to apply for the grant which can be used to cover eligible expenses incurred from 1 July, 2020 where no other Government support is available, with small businesses encouraged to get their applications in before the closing date.”
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the grant had built upon the previous Small Business Support Grant of up to $10,000.
“Both grants are funded through the $750 million Small Business Support Fund, which forms part of the NSW Government’s almost $16 billion health and economic response measures,” Mr Perrottet said.
“These grants have played a vital role in keeping people in jobs and businesses in business as we continue to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Minister for Customer Service Victor Dominello said the grants provided a much needed boost to help businesses keep their doors open and lights on.
“NSW is open for business, with the Recovery Grants providing between $500 and $3,000 to cover marketing and advertising expenses, fit-out changes and training staff on how to work safely under current conditions,” Mr Dominello said.
“To date, more than 92,000 applications have been received from small businesses and more than $608 million has been paid out since the Small Business Support Fund was announced in April 2020.”
More information on the Small Business Recovery Grant is available. Small business owners can contact Service NSW for more information about eligibility on 13 77 88.