1000 car spaces to be made available for commuters
The Customer First program, set to be delivered over the coming months, will include;
- More than 1,000 rail staff car spaces handed over to customers, over the next 12-18 months
- A comprehensive station refresh program starting with deep cleans and improved security at 19 key stations
- Targeted operations with the Police Transport Command and Transport Officers
“While great progress has already been made as we work hard to improve the experience for customers, there is still work to do and the Customer First initiatives we are announcing today renew our focus to make further improvements,” Ms Berejiklian said.
Initially more than 370 staff car parking spaces will be handed back to customers particularly at interchange hubs, with more than 1,000 to be provided as part of the ongoing Customer First initiatives rolling out over the next 18 months.
The first stage of the rollout of more than 370 staff car spaces given back to customers, subject to final site surveys, includes:
- Campbelltown – 99 car spaces
- Blacktown – 84 car spaces
- Penrith – 77 car spaces
- Liverpool – 56 car spaces
- Gosford – 26 car spaces
- Hornsby – 21 car spaces
- Woy Woy – 8 car spaces
“This is a victory for common sense. For too long, one of the biggest complaints of customers has been the availability of parking at train stations, and today we are showing that the NSW Government is listening, and working hard to improve journeys for public transport customers,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“This latest initiative is just one example where by challenging the way things have always been done and putting the customer first, we are able to deliver a win for commuters."