2015-16 NSW Budget: Boosting our regions
Published 23rd June, 2015 in Cabinet, Health, Infrastructure, Police & Justice, Education, Education
Key areas of spending in regional NSW include:
- Establishment of a new 600 bed correctional facility at Grafton.
- Delivering Stage 3 of the $269 million major Lismore Hospital Redevelopment.
- Commence the $7 million upgrade of ambulatory care services at Grafton Hospital.
- Delivering the $82 million redevelopment of Kempsey Hospital (Stage 1).
- Delivering the $88 million new Byron Central Hospital.
- Planning will commence for a new High School in Ballina, as part of the Rebuilding NSW Plan.
- $103 million in 2015–16 to revitalise Newcastle through the truncation of the heavy rail line and introduction of light rail services.
- Completing the $90 million Newcastle Justice Precinct, a new 10 court facility.
- $20 million of Resources for Regions infrastructure funding for Stage 2 of the Muswellbrook Hospital Redevelopment.
- The John Hunter Children's Hospital $7 million Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Stage 1) and $14 million Paediatric Intensive Care Unit are underway.
- Delivering a new Maitland Hospital worth more than $400 million.
- Continuing the $368 million major redevelopment of Gosford Hospital.
- Delivering the upgrade of Point Clare Public School.
- Upgrades to social housing in Gosford ($1.5million ), Terrigal ($1 million) and Wyong ($1.4 million).
South East NSW
- $15 million has been allocated to Gocup Road between Gundagai and Tumut, as part of the $70 million commitment funded from the Regional Freight Pinch Point and Safety program.
- Continuing the $187 million new South East Regional Hospital Bega.
- Continuing the $270 million redevelopment of Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital.
- Completing the $111 million redevelopment of Parkes and Forbes Hospitals, with a major upgrade of Forbes Hospital and a new hospital on a green field site at Parkes.
- Completing the $91 million first two stages of redevelopment of Dubbo Hospital.
- Continuing the $211 million redevelopment of Tamworth Hospital, Stage 2.
- Completing the $107 million Elective Surgery Unit and upgrade of the Emergency Department and Ambulatory Care services at Wollongong Hospital.
- Completing the $31 million new multi storey car park at Wollongong Hospital.
- Delivering the $34 million Bulli Aged Care Centre of Excellence.
- The $15 million upgrade to Wollongong Courthouse will be completed in 2016.
Western and South Western Sydney
- $164 million additional support for the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan including Bringelly Road Upgrade (Stage 1)and Werrington Arterial Road (Stage 1) in 2015–16.
- Delivering the major redevelopment of Blacktown and Mt Druitt Hospitals, worth more than $680 million.
- Delivering the major redevelopment of Westmead Hospital, worth more than $900 million.
- Planning work will commence on the redevelopment of Parramatta Public School and Arthur Phillip High School as part of the Rebuilding NSW Plan.
St George and the Sutherland Shire
- Continuing the $307 million redevelopment of St George Hospital.
- $12.5 million in 2015–16 to complete the $16.8 million relocation of Cairnsfoot School.
- Continuing the $63 million expansion of Sutherland Hospital.
The NSW Government is delivering an underlying $713 million surplus in 2015–16 and strong surpluses in each of the following three years.
Visit the NSW Budget 2015–16 website.
Updated: 03 August 2018.