2015 NSW International Student Awards
The awards celebrate outstanding contributions made by international students to communities in NSW, and acknowledge the organisations that support international students with community programs and initiatives.
Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events Stuart Ayres said the awards showcase the excellence of the state’s international students and celebrates the array of global cultures they bring to NSW.
“The benefits will continue long after tonight’s winners and finalists have returned home; their presence here has strengthened our links with the international community and have no doubt created connections that will thrive over time,” Mr Ayres said.
Winners in each category were:
International Student of the Year Award
- Zaki Haidari (Afghanistan) won in Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Dunya Alruhaimi, from Iraq, won in the Higher Education category
- Ting Ting Chen (China) won in English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Mingjun Zhang (China) won in Schools.
International Student Community Engagement Award
- Business/Community Group – NSW Police Force
- Education Provider – University of Newcastle in conjunction with Jesmond Park Uniting Church
Watch a video of the 2015 NSW International Student Awards