2015 Premier's Awards for Public Service
NSW Premier Mike Baird said the awards recognise the achievements of staff in the public service sector and their commitment to delivering high quality customer services.
“Each of the finalists has demonstrated their dedication to providing exceptional levels of service and innovation,” Mr Baird said.
John Filocamo, Operations Manager at Cemeteries and Crematoria NSW, received the Premier’s Award for Individual Excellence and Achievement for his work assisting an Indigenous family reclaim the remains of one of their ancestors who was a member of the Stolen Generation.
Other winners in the individual categories include:
- Providing better support and opportunities to the vulnerable - Juliet Munro, Department of Family and Community Services.
- Making NSW a better place to live - Greg Barclay, Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
- Building stronger and safer communities - Steven Collins, Woy Woy Public School.
- Strengthening the economy and making NSW a better place to do business - Michael Erny, Department of Primary Industries.
The Premier’s Public Sector Award winners in the team categories are:
- Customer focussed delivery - ‘Small Business Support’, Office of the Small Business Commissioner.
- Providing better support and opportunities to the vulnerable - ‘Changing Minds on Mental Health Issues through television documentary and social media.’ South Western Sydney Local Health District, Australian Broadcasting Corporation and Northern Pictures.
- Building stronger and safer communities - ‘Indigenous Police Recruitment Our Way Delivery (IPROWD).’ TAFE NSW - Western Institute.
- Making NSW a better place to live - ‘Sydney Metro Northwest Pre-employment Program.’ TAFE NSW – Western Sydney Institute, Transport for NSW, Breakthru People Solutions, Global Skills, Salini Impregilo JV, Workforce International and Thiess John Holland Dragados. And ‘Northern Beaches Hospital’ Health Infrastructure and Healthscope.
- Strengthening the economy and making NSW a better place to do business - ‘Implementation of Stewardship Contracts for Road Maintenance in Sydney.’ Roads and Maritime Services.
Visit the Premier's Awards for Public Service website for the full list of winners and finalists.