2017 NSW Training Awards nominations
The NSW Training Awards are conducted by Training Services NSW and recognise the achievements of individuals, employers and training organisations involved in Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Award categories for individuals include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Trainee of the Year Award
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award
- VET in Schools Student of the Year Award
- Vocational Student of the Year Award
Deputy Premier and Minister for Skills, John Barilaro, said the NSW Training Awards are the premier recognition for Vocational Education and Training (VET) in NSW.
“These awards provide a platform for us to celebrate the achievements of all those involved in the success of Smart and Skilled – the government’s training framework which provides eligible students in NSW with access to high-quality, affordable training that meets the needs of industry and which leads to jobs,” he said.
Winners from the NSW Training Awards will be announced in September. The winners have the opportunity to compete with other states and territories to be named the best in Australia at the Australian Training Awards.
Nominations via the Training Services NSW website close on Friday 24 March 2017.