Additional assistance after NSW storms and floods
Assistance available includes:
- Personal hardship and distress assistance for affected individuals and families.
- Support for councils to undertake counter disaster operations and restore essential public assets.
- Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and voluntary not–for–profit bodies.
- Freight subsidies for primary producers.
- Grants to voluntary not–for–profit bodies.
NSW Minister for Emergency Services David Elliott said the severe weather had caused enormous damage, not only to property but also to local infrastructure.
"It is clear that these communities are enduring significant hardship and this assistance will provide individuals, families and communities with a much needed helping hand," Mr Elliot said.
"This assistance will also help to rebuild and replace basic infrastructure, such as roads and bridges and assist councils with the clean–up bill.”
Assistance is through the jointly funded Commonwealth–State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements.