August storm relief available
If you, your organisation or business was affected by the storms and are based in the local government areas of Penrith, Shoalhaven, Upper Hunter and Wollongong, assistance is available.
- personal hardship and distress for affected individuals and families
- council counter disaster operations and the restoration of essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and voluntary not-for-profit bodies
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants to voluntary not-for-profit bodies.
Contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444 for more about personal hardship and distress assistance.
For a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority or phone 1800 678 593.
Funding is provided through the joint Australian, state and territory governments’ Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements.