B-Line bus service to transform the Northern Beaches
NSW Premier Mike Baird said the new B-Line will transform bus services on the Northern Beaches.
“New double decker buses will have plenty of comfortable seats, architecturally designed B-Line stops that will include modern facilities and real-time service information, and customers will be encouraged to park and ride with about 900 new commuter parking spaces,” Mr Baird said.
Another 480 extra weekly bus services will also be added to the current bus route between February and October 2016 to address the immediate need for improved services on the Northern Beaches.
The project will include:
- nine modern B-Line stops at Mona Vale, Warriewood, Narrabeen, Collaroy, Dee Why, Brookvale, Manly Vale, Spit Junction (Mosman) and Neutral Bay with real-time information, seating, weather protection and improved facilities for customers
- six new commuter car parks at Mona Vale, Warriewood, Narrabeen, Dee Why, Brookvale and Manly Vale providing about 900 spaces
- brand-new double decker buses with improved on-board capacity and comfort
- roadworks including new bus lanes, bus bays, minor lane widening and other road improvements to support bus services
- improved pedestrian and bicycle links to connect customers with B-Line stops.
Consultation with the local community and businesses has begun about the preferred locations of the B-Line stops and commuter car parks along the route.
Visit the B-Line transport website to find out more.