Disaster assistance extended to Wingecarribee
The extra assistance is provided through a jointly funded Federal and NSW Governments Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) to ensure affected residents and business in the region have access to the help they need to recover.
Minister for Justice and Police Troy Grant said the funding will help the community to get back on their feet as quickly as possible.
“The measures will provide a broad range of assistance to help affected individuals, families, small businesses and primary producers in Wingecarribee to access funding for clean-up operations and repair damaged essential public infrastructure to recover from the storms,” Mr Grant said.
The extra assistance includes:
- personal hardship and distress assistance for affected individuals and families
- assistance for counter disaster operations and the restoration of essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and voluntary not-for-profit bodies
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants to voluntary not-for-profit bodies.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, visit the NSW Rural Assistance Authority website or call 1800 678 593.
For more information on what disaster assistance is available for this natural disaster please visit Australian Government's Disaster Assist website or the NSW Office of Emergency Management’s website.
Image credit: Dee Kramer Photography