Disaster assistance for 28 NSW communities
Following the September floods, disaster recovery assistance is available for the local government areas of Bathurst, Bland, Blayney, Bogan, Cabonne, Collamon, Coonamble, Cootamundra-Gundagai, Cowra, Forbes, Gilgandra, Hilltops, Junee, Lachlan, Mid-Western, Murrumbidgee, Narrabri, Narranderi, Narromine, Orange, Parkes, Temora, Walgett, Warren, Warrumbungle, Weddin, Western Plains and Yass Valley.
The jointly funded Commonwealth-State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) includes:
- help for people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants to not-for-profit organisations.
NSW Deputy Premier and Minister for Justice and Police Troy Grant said heavy rainfall has had a devastating impact on local communities, and that the Federal and NSW Governments are committed to providing support to those affected by the floods.
“The assistance we are announcing today includes a range of practical measures to help affected individuals, small businesses, primary producers, and the local councils with their recovery efforts,” Mr Grant said.
“We are closely monitoring the flood situation and will make assistance available to other communities as required.”
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, call the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, visit the NSW Rural Assistance Authority or call 1800 678 593.