Employers honoured for supporting RFS volunteers
Minister for Police and Emergency Services Stuart Ayres said that employers who actively encourage volunteering among their staff are contributing to a safer community.
“NSW Rural Fire Service volunteers continually dedicate their time to protecting communities across the State and this couldn’t happen without supportive employers behind the scenes,” Mr Ayres said.
The 12 businesses to receive the Special Commendation include:
- Allianz Australia Insurance
- Australian Astronomical Observatory
- Big W Dapto
- Liverpool Hospital, South Western Sydney Local Health District
- M&A Green Plumbing
- Mars Australia
- Moolarben Coal Operations
- Moree Plain Shire Council
- Shepherd Electrical
- SingTel Optus
- University of New England (UNE)
Mr Ayres also said the businesses receiving special commendations went “above and beyond” in their support of RFS volunteers, including creating specialised leave, promoting volunteering achievements and providing donations to NSW RFS Brigades.