First ‘refreshed’ Hunter train gets back on the track
The $5 million project to upgrade trains serving the Hunter region is set to deliver better comfort and reliability for customers in Maitland and the Hunter region.
Features of the train refresh include:
- Refurbished seats and new cushions and seat backs.
- Deep cleaning of the internal carriages.
- Repair and repainting of internal and external walls with anti-graffiti paint.
- Replacement of scratched window glass film.
- Installation of LED lighting.
- New floor vinyl throughout carriages.
- Refurbished toilet compartment with updated fixtures and fittings.
The trains are being upgraded one at a time at UGL’s Broadmeadow facility to avoid disruption to customers. The project has bought a welcome jobs boost to the Hunter region.