Get ready for the new school year
Information on the Back to School Hub gives parents and caregivers advice on every aspect of school preparation.
The hub covers practical topics such as orientation, stationery, uniforms and lunch. It also provides advice on study and behaviour, mobile phones, screen time and online bullying.
Other useful information on the hub includes:
- key school dates for 2020
- emergency information about what to do in bushfires or adverse weather
- how to get involved in the school community
- healthcare and immunisation guides
- reading lists
- support on how to help students with their mental health.
Minister for Education Sarah Mitchell said that there is also a tailored section on the Back to School Hub for the many families impacted by the recent bushfire season.
“We know that back-to-school preparations have probably been the last thing on the minds of those affected by the fires – so we have made sure to provide access to useful information to accommodate for these families after what has been a very traumatic time," Ms Mitchell said.