New and upgraded schools open across NSW
The state-of-the-art schools will include new classrooms, performance studios, sports facilities, outdoor learning areas, halls and libraries to ensure students are receiving the best education.
New and upgraded schools opening in Term 1
Day 1 Term 1
- Arthur Phillip High School
- Parramatta Public School
- Ashbury Public School
- Byron Bay Public School
- Carlingford Public School, Stage 1
- Epping Public School, Stage 1
- Gledswood Hills Public School
- Greenwich Public School – Greenwich Road campus relocation
- Gwynneville Public School
- Newcastle East Public School
- Oran Park High School
- Prestons Public School
- Riverbank Public School
- Smalls Road Public School
- Wamberal Public School
- Willoughby Girls High School
- Yagoona Public School (SSP)
During Term 1
- Inner Sydney High School, Stage 1
- Pendle Hill Public School
- Queanbeyan High School
- Ultimo Public School
- Excelsior Public School
- Willoughby Public School
- Wauchope Public School
The NSW Government is investing $6.7 billion over four years to deliver more than 190 new and upgraded schools to support communities across NSW. This is the largest investment in public education infrastructure in the history of NSW.
Minister for Education and Early Childhood Learning Sarah Mitchell said the new and upgraded schools were part of the NSW Government’s commitment to education and ensuring that Australia’s largest education system is world-class.
“These 24 new and upgraded schools represent a $974 million investment in our children’s education for generations to come,” Ms Mitchell said.
“Along with our fantastic teachers and staff, these new buildings will be an asset to children who learn in them.”