New building opens at St George Hospital
The new nine-level Acute Services Building will ensure patients receive first-class care with more beds, a new helipad and twice as many operating theatres.
Features of the Acute Services Building include:
- 128 inpatient beds
- a 52-bed intensive care and high dependency unit
- a cardiac catheterisation unit
- a sterilising services department
- eight additional digital and interventional operating theatres
- an atrium linking to the Emergency Department, Tower Ward Block and the Clinical Services Building.
Minister for Health Brad Hazzard said St George is one of the busiest hospitals in NSW, with more than 70,000 patients each year.
“The new building boasts the latest medical technologies and is a wonderful addition to the hospital’s $43 million emergency department opened in 2014,” Mr Hazzard said.