Nominate now for 2017 Women of the Year
Award categories include:
- The Premier’s Award for Woman of the Year
- Community Hero Award
- Harvey Norman’s Young Woman of the Year Award
- REX Airlines’ Regional Woman of the Year Award
- Aboriginal Woman of the Year Award
- NSW Business Woman of the Year
Winners will join an honour roll of women including:
- Jennifer Armstrong, domestic violence survivor and founder of the Beauty Bank
- Dr Dharmica Mistry, leading researcher in microbiology
- Dana Clarke, advocate for Aboriginal children
- Professor Fadia Ghossayn, founder of the Australian Lebanese Foundation.
Minister for Women Pru Goward said she was in awe of the calibre of the nominees each year.
“Every day women across NSW contribute so much to diverse industries and communities, with many of them leading the way. The Women of the Year Awards is an opportunity to recognise these inspirational women,” Ms Goward said.
“Nominations for the Awards never fail to remind us that many women are making a difference to the lives of people around them, in their communities and across NSW. They are achieving extraordinary things.”
A ceremony for the 2017 winners will be held on 8 March 2017.