NSW arts companies to tour regional NSW
Performing Arts Touring funding offers performing arts companies funding to offset the costs of touring to regional NSW destinations. The $1.2 million boost will provide people in regional NSW with access to a range of cultural arts experiences.
The 2014/15 Performing Arts Touring funding recipients include:
- Money Baa Theatre Company ($276,808 from 2015-2017)
- Sydney Dance Company ($284,518 from 2016-2017)
- Sydney Symphony Orchestra ($297,332 from 2015-2017)
- Bangarra Dance Theatre ($142,760 in 2015)
- CDP Theatre Producers Pty Ltd ($108,232 in 2015)
- Erth - Visual & Physical Incorporated ($28,712 in 2015)
- Australian Chamber Orchestra ($34,043 in 2015)
- Critical Stages ($35,753 in 2015)
The funding will also support community engagement activities to improve community access and deepen regional connections between communities and NSW arts organisations.
Minister for the Arts Troy Grant said the initiative will help to build audiences for high quality performing arts in regional communities.
“Support for touring also builds the viability of the state’s performing arts companies through developing new markets and audiences for producers, creators and artists”, Mr Grant said.
“This encourages people living in regional areas, and particularly young people, to be inspired by the performers they see and consider developing a career in the performing arts.
Performing Arts Touring funding is made available through Arts NSW’s Arts and Cultural Development Program. A second round of Performing Arts Touring funding will open in September 2014. For more information visit the Arts NSW website.