NSW Carers Strategy launched
The 5 year strategy was developed in consultation with the community, and mainly focuses on:
- employment and education;
- carer health and well being;
- information and community awareness;
- carer engagement; and
- improving the evidence base.
- forming a network of employers to champion carer friendly workplaces;
- boosting support for carers at school;
- creating culturally appropriate resources for Aboriginal carers;
- promoting recognition of carers’ skills, and;
- developing an app to help young people who self-identify as carers get the right support.
Minister for Disability Services John Ajaka said the strategy aims to promote social inclusion, improve the status of carers and offer carers opportunities to lead fulfilling lives.
“Throughout the extensive consultation process we listened, and this strategy is the result of what the carers said they needed most”, Mr Ajaka said.
To view the 2014 – 2019 NSW Carers Strategy, visit the NSW Family and Community Services website