2018 NSW Women of the Year Awards
Now in its seventh year, the awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution made by women across NSW to industry, community and society.
- NSW Premier’s Award for Woman of the Year – Professor Hala Zreiqat
- NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year Award – Carmen Julie Shelley
- First State Super Lifetime Achievement Award – Norma Ingram
- Harvey Norman Young Woman of the Year Award – Shaza Rifi
- Rex Airlines Regional Woman of the Year Award – Juliet Duffy
- Community Hero Award – Dr Raji Ambikairajah
- NSW Business Woman of the Year Award – Kristy Chong
Professor Hala Zreiqat won the 2018 NSW Women of the Year award for her outstanding contribution to regenerative medicine and orthopaedic research.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian congratulated each of the winners for their outstanding achievements.
“The selflessness and skill that all of the winners and finalists have shown echo through their communities and make real positive impacts on people’s lives,” Ms Berejiklian said.
Minister for Women Tanya Davies said the awards are an important opportunity to acknowledge women who are driving important change through their passions and purpose
“I’d like to sincerely thank them for contributing so much to NSW,” Mrs Davies said.
Ministers’ Awards for Women in Local Government
The annual awards were established to celebrate the outstanding efforts of women working for metropolitan, rural and regional councils.
The 2018 awards recognised 17 women for their contribution to their communities through local government.
“The awards recognise women in leadership positions, those challenging the status quo in jobs such as engineering and, for the first time this year, female trainees or apprentices,” Mrs Davies said.