Social and Affordable Housing Fund contracts awarded
Five organisations have received contracts to deliver thousands of homes and tailored support services across NSW as part of the first phase of the Social and Affordable Housing Fund (SAHF).
- BaptistCare NSW & ACT will deliver 375 homes for older people in housing stress and at risk of homelessness and 125 homes for single parent families with a focus on women impacted by domestic violence.
- Compass Housing Services Co Ltd will deliver 600 homes that are close to support services and infrastructure.
- SGCH Sustainability Limited will deliver 300 homes for tenants with tailored support coordination services and quality dwellings close to services and infrastructure.
- St Vincent de Paul Housing will deliver 500 homes to general and older aged tenants.
- Uniting will deliver 300 homes for people aged over 55 without children at home.
The majority of the 2200 homes will be built on land contributed to the state by non-government organisations.
Minister for Social Housing Pru Goward said NSW was leading the way with this innovative initiative.
“We want to provide vulnerable households with the tools and support to help them achieve the best social outcomes possible,” Ms Goward said.
The fund was set-up with $1.1 billion in seed capital from the NSW Government.