Sydney clearway proposals up for comment
The clearways aim to ease congestion on Sydney’s busiest roads - King Georges and Roberts Roads, Lane Cove Road, Mona Vale Road and the Princes Highway.
A road is eligible for a clearway if more than 800 vehicles per lane per hour use the road with travel speeds at less than 30km/h.
Clearways can help reduce congestion by:
- Improving traffic flow.
- Delivering more reliable travel times for buses and freight vehicles.
- Creating safer road networks.
Information sessions about the proposals are being held in March. They are:
- King Georges and Roberts Road: 15 March from 9-11am and 18 March from 6-8pm at Punchbowl Community Centre, 44 Rossmore Avenue at Punchbowl.
- Lane Cove Road: 20 March from 6-8pm and 22 March from 1.30-3.30pm at St John’s North Ryde Anglican Church Hall, 152 Cox Road, North Ryde.
- Mona Vale Road: 11 March from 5-7pm and 15 March from 2-4pm at St Ives Community Meeting Room, 207 Mona Vale Road at the corner of Rosedale Road, St Ives.
- Princes Highway: 8 March from 9-11am at Gymea North Public School on Ruby Road, Gymea, and 13 March from 6-8pm at Sylvania Community Centre, Canberra Road Sylvania.
Feedback on the proposals can also be provided via: