Sydney’s newest homes linked to transport hub and jobs
The Wentworth Point development has been given the go-ahead to start immediately. The Herring Road urban activation project at Macquarie Park will be put on display for public comment until 10 August 2014.
Planning Minister Pru Goward said the projects are evidence of a new, smarter approach to housing development in Sydney. They are also part of the Government’s commitment to bringing down housing prices across the State.
“Smarter planning means identifying underutilised land where new homes can be built close to jobs and transport services,” Ms Goward said.
Both precincts will be supported by key infrastructure upgrades, including:
- A new eastbound on-ramp from Hill Road providing direct access to the M4 Motorway and WestConnex.
- An upgrade of the Sydney Olympic Park ferry wharf, to compliment the additional Parramatta River ferry services, which were recently introduced.
- A new 18-classroom school with playing fields by 2017.
- New foreshore bike and walking paths – opening up the foreshore for the first time.
- New parks across one third of the precinct, including a 3.9 hectare park around the peninsula.
- Upgrades to nearby Hill Road and Bennelong Parkway.