Western Sydney to benefit from $150m station upgrade program
The multi-million dollar investment is on top of station upgrades already underway or completed in Western Sydney as part of the NSW Government’s $770 million Transport Access Program.
The latest package of upgrades includes:
- Penrith Station – New lifts, stairs, concourse and bus interchange
- Pendle Hill Station – New lifts, stairs, concourse and entrances
- Blacktown Station – Extension of the Richmond Line concourse and new bus turnaround facility on Patrick Street
As part of the package, the NSW Government is also fast-tracking upgrades at:
- Flemington Station – New lifts, stairs, concourse and pedestrian link bridge
- Wentworth Falls Station – New lifts with forecourt areas
- Wentworthville Station – New lifts stairs and widened footbridge between platforms.
Minister for Transport Gladys Berejiklian said this is a huge boost for thousands of Western Sydney customers, especially older people, people with disabilities and parents with young children.
“Customers told us they wanted more reliable, frequent services, better customer service, improved ticketing and air-conditioned trains. We know there is work to do, but in just over 3 years we have delivered all of these”, Ms Berejiklian said.