Key areas of spending in regional NSW include:
- Establishment of a new 600 bed correctional facility at Grafton.
- Delivering Stage 3 of the $269 million major Lismore Hospital Redevelopment.
- Commence the $7 million upgrade of ambulatory care services at Grafton Hospital.
- Delivering the $82 million redevelopment of Kempsey Hospital (Stage 1).
- Delivering the $88 million new Byron Central Hospital.
- Planning will commence for a new High School in Ballina, as part of the Rebuilding NSW Plan.
- $103 million in 2015–16 to revitalise Newcastle through the truncation of the heavy rail line and introduction of light rail services.
- Completing the $90 million Newcastle Justice Precinct, a new 10 court facility.
- $20 million of Resources for Regions infrastructure funding for Stage 2 of the Muswellbrook Hospital Redevelopment.
- The John Hunter Children's Hospital $7 million Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Stage 1) and $14 million Paediatric Intensive Care Unit are underway.
- Delivering a new Maitland Hospital worth more than $400 million.
- Continuing the $368 million major redevelopment of Gosford Hospital.
- Delivering the upgrade of Point Clare Public School.
- Upgrades to social housing in Gosford ($1.5million ), Terrigal ($1 million) and Wyong ($1.4 million).
South East NSW
- $15 million has been allocated to Gocup Road between Gundagai and Tumut, as part of the $70 million commitment funded from the Regional Freight Pinch Point and Safety program.
- Continuing the $187 million new South East Regional Hospital Bega.
- Continuing the $270 million redevelopment of Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital.
- Completing the $111 million redevelopment of Parkes and Forbes Hospitals, with a major upgrade of Forbes Hospital and a new hospital on a green field site at Parkes.
- Completing the $91 million first two stages of redevelopment of Dubbo Hospital.
- Continuing the $211 million redevelopment of Tamworth Hospital, Stage 2.
- Completing the $107 million Elective Surgery Unit and upgrade of the Emergency Department and Ambulatory Care services at Wollongong Hospital.
- Completing the $31 million new multi storey car park at Wollongong Hospital.
- Delivering the $34 million Bulli Aged Care Centre of Excellence.
- The $15 million upgrade to Wollongong Courthouse will be completed in 2016.
Western and South Western Sydney
- $164 million additional support for the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan including Bringelly Road Upgrade (Stage 1)and Werrington Arterial Road (Stage 1) in 2015–16.
- Delivering the major redevelopment of Blacktown and Mt Druitt Hospitals, worth more than $680 million.
- Delivering the major redevelopment of Westmead Hospital, worth more than $900 million.
- Planning work will commence on the redevelopment of Parramatta Public School and Arthur Phillip High School as part of the Rebuilding NSW Plan.
St George and the Sutherland Shire
- Continuing the $307 million redevelopment of St George Hospital.
- $12.5 million in 2015–16 to complete the $16.8 million relocation of Cairnsfoot School.
- Continuing the $63 million expansion of Sutherland Hospital.
The NSW Government is delivering an underlying $713 million surplus in 2015–16 and strong surpluses in each of the following three years.
Visit the NSW Budget 2015–16 website.
Find out what’s happening in your area with the NSW Budget mapping tool.
Updated: 24 June 2015.