2015 NSW International Student Awards winners announced
The awards see 18 students and organisations nominated in the following categories:
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Higher Education, Schools, Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Business/Community Group Engagement and Education Provider.
The winners of the 2015 International Student Awards were announced at the Sydney Opera House on Tuesday 13 October.
Winners in each category were –
International Student of the Year Award
- Zaki Haidari (Afghanistan) won in Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Dunya Alruhaimi, from Iraq, won in the Higher Education category
- Ting Ting Chen (China) won in English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Mingjun Zhang (China) won in Schools.
International Student Community Engagement Award
- Business/Community Group – NSW Police Force
- Education Provider – University of Newcastle in conjunction with Jesmond Park Uniting Church
View the full list of this year's NSW International Student Awards finalists.
See a summary of social media from the night.
Watch a video from the evening.
About the awards
Organised by StudyNSW within the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet, the awards celebrate outstanding contributions made by international students to communities in NSW, and acknowledge the organisations that support international students with community programs and initiatives.
Education providers are invited to nominate a current international student who:
- is an inspirational role model to their community
- has demonstrated an achievement or contribution that adds value to the community through touching the lives of others, and/or participating in the community, and /or volunteer work.