Minister for Transport Gladys Berejiklian described the extra services as “a huge win for customers” and evidence that the NSW Government is listening to communities and delivering on its promises.
“The latest boost to bus services will benefit customers in the growing Hills district, including Baulkham Hills, Kellyville, Beaumont Hills, Rouse Hill, Seven Hills, Pendle Hill and Bella Vista”, Minister Berejiklian said
The latest introduction of new weekly bus services will include:
- 105 extra weekly services on the 601 from Rouse Hill to Parramatta;
- 196 extra weekly services on the 607X from Rouse Hill to the City;
- 35 extra weekly services on the 611 from Blacktown to Macquarie Park;
- 10 extra weekly services on the 617X from Rouse Hill to the City;
- 28 extra weekly services on the 705 from Blacktown to Parramatta; and
- 154 extra weekly services on the T65 from Rouse Hill Town Centre to Parramatta
The new bus services will start on Saturday 4 October 2014, with additional services in the busy afternoon peak and increased frequency on weekends.
It is estimated that these services will take the total number of State-wide public transport services introduced by the NSW Government since 2011 to over 9,500.