COVID Safe guidelines for HSC exams
New guidelines for schools will help reduce the risk of a COVID-19 disruption during the 2020 HSC exams.
The guidelines, developed by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and NSW Health, will provide clarity to schools and reassurance to students about COVID-19.
Schools are being asked to consider:
- prioritising a section of the school for rapid cleaning
- having an alternative venue on standby
- developing exam day protocols including health screening
- recruiting extra exam supervisors
- limiting student numbers to 75 in each exam room
- limiting the interaction HSC students have with the rest of the school.
Minister for Education Sarah Mitchell said students need to be reassured that everything is being done to make sure they can sit their HSC without disruption.
“Each school’s contingency plans will be unique, school principals will be supported by their local directors and the department to develop and implement their individual plans,” Ms Mitchell said.
“Schools have done an outstanding job in supporting their HSC students this year and the Class of 2020 have worked exceptionally hard under these circumstances.”
Find out more information about COVID-19 on the NSW Education website.