NSW farmers have been battling terrible drought conditions for months, with many choosing to feed their stock first before putting food on their own tables. Feed a Farmer is about lending a helping hand to farmers and their families. The donations collected will be distributed to where they are most needed.
The NSW Police Force, Fire and Rescue NSW, NSW Rural Fire Service and State Emergency Service at the police’s Aviation Support Branch at Bankstown Airport have joined Foodbank NSW/ACT to spearhead the drive. Across NSW and the ACT, Foodbank helps more than 147,000 people a month and provides more than 1.4 million meals for families in need.
Minister for Police and Emergency Services Troy Grant said ‘Feed a Farmer’ was a wonderful example of mates helping mates across NSW, and hopefully comes as some small relief for those doing it tough during the drought.
“This drive is about getting behind them to show our support – and that’s just the Aussie way, when people are doing it tough in our community, we all pitch in to lend a helping hand,” Mr. Grant said.
“I’m also very proud to see our emergency services joining forces to support this important cause. Remember, any donation, large or small can make a big difference.”
How to help
Feed a Farmer collections run until 14 December 2018. The community can drop off food or necessities to one of the following locations during business hours, Monday-Friday:
- Queanbeyan/Canberra – 10 Ellerton Drive, Queanbeyan
- Albury – 25 Airport Drive, Albury
- Batemans Bay – 7 Kylie Crescent, Batemans Bay
- Casino - 40 Neville Bienke Memorial Dr, Casino
- Central Coast – 105 Arizona Rd, Charmhaven
- Coffs Harbour – 1 Aviation Drive, Coffs Harbour
- Dubbo – Lot 10 Cooreena Rd, Dubbo
- Hunter Valley – 110 Mt Vincent Road, East Maitland
- Shoalhaven – 92 Albatross Rd, Nowra
- Orange – 1385 Forest Road, Orange
- Port Macquarie – 108 Cameron Street, Wauchope
- Southern Highlands – 65 Bridge St, Picton
- Tamworth – 19-23 Lockheed St, Tamworth
- Wagga Wagga – 208 Fernleigh Rd, Wagga Wagga
- Wollongong – 37 Airport Road, Albion Park Rail
- Young – Shop 3, Lovell Place, Young.
- Sutherland – 126 Wilson Parade, Heathcote
- Northern Beaches – Gate 4 Thompson Drive, Terrey Hills
- Hornsby – 1049 Pacific Highway, Cowan
- Nepean – 8-12 Jeanette Street, Regentville
- Hawkesbury – Macquarie Road, Wilberforce
- Blue Mountains – Corner Bathurst and Valley Road, Katoomba
- The Hills – 1A Angus Road, Kenthurst
- Campbelltown – Corner Alderney Street and Townson Avenue, Minto.