NSW Health advice for Northern Beaches residents and visitors
An update on NSW Health advice for all people in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area.
Get the latest updates
Stay up to date with changes to the restrictions. See the latest COVID-19 news and media announcements.
Reducing the risk of COVID-19 infection
Friday 18 December to Sunday 20 December 2020
To assist contact tracing and to contain any potential spread of COVID-19, NSW Health is asking people living in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area to
- work from home and remain at home as much as possible
- not visit friends or relatives in aged care facilities or hospitals unless essential
- avoid unnecessary gatherings
- keep to your household group
- avoid visiting high-risk venues including clubs, restaurants, places of worship and gyms
- avoid unnecessary travel outside the Northern Beaches area
- wear a mask when indoors, except in your own home.
People from outside the Northern Beaches LGA should avoid unnecessary travel to the Northern Beaches during this time.
Get tested as soon as possible
There are more than 300 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week.
To meet the demand for testing, new testing clinics have opened in the Northern Beaches area and are open until 10pm or later if needed.
Face masks are recommended
NSW Health also strongly advises all people in the Northern Beaches LGA to wear a mask at all times when in indoor areas. This advisory is effective immediately, and in place for 72 hours.
The areas where masks should be worn include:
- shopping centres and supermarkets
- public transport
- healthcare facilities
- aged care facilities
Mask use is not required:
- in your home
- for infants or young children
- where it is prevented by a medical condition.
Learn more about how face masks help to reduce community transmission.
Stay up to date with the latest information and advice.