From Monday 1 June 2020, the following services and activities are allowed in NSW:
- pubs, clubs, casinos, cafes and restaurants can have up to 50 customers in seated food and drink areas
- travel to regional NSW for a holiday
- up to 50 people can attend places of worship and attend a funeral
- up to 20 guests can attend weddings
- zoos, aquariums and reptile parks can open
- beauty, nail, tanning and waxing salon operators can begin treatments
- camping grounds and caravan parks can open
- museums, galleries and libraries can reopen to the public.
If you are eligible to reopen or increase your operations, visit the industry guidelines to ensure your business is safe from any potential spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Businesses that are reopening must comply with the one person per four square metre rule.
Health Minister Brad Hazzard said it is vital for businesses and patrons to follow health and safety guidelines to ensure people stay in jobs and for businesses to stay open.
“Everyone should maintain physical distancing and practise good hygiene, and if even the mildest symptoms present such as a sore throat or runny nose, get yourself tested,” Mr Hazzard said.
Explore the changes to rules from Monday 1 June 2020 for further information.
Stay up to date with the latest information on COVID-19.