Now in their 15th year, the awards recognise individuals and organisations which have shown exceptional commitment to health, safety and return-to-work practices in NSW.
The awards cover six categories:
- Excellence in workplace health and safety culture (small or large business)
- Best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue (small or large business)
- Best individual contribution to workplace safety
- Excellence in recovery at work for business
- Recovery at work achievement award for injured workers
- SafeWork NSW leadership in safety.
Minister for Better Regulation Matt Kean said these awards recognise workplaces that are putting their employees first, and setting a great example for other organisations.
“SafeWork does an outstanding job helping to protect workers across the state – but at the end of the day, workplace health and safety is everyone’s responsibility,” Mr Kean said.
“Winning a SafeWork Award can have a direct and dramatic impact on your business, clearly differentiating you from competitors, and providing a real competitive advantage when seeking or retaining customers.”
Winners will be announced on Thursday, 25 October 2018.