Round three of the Safer Roads Program will see $258 million invested into 383 projects next financial year — 285 regional projects through Savings Lives on Country Roads and 98 projects through Liveable and Safe urban Communities.
Round three of the project will deliver:
- over 230 kilometres of safety barriers to reduce road crashes and protect vehicle occupants
- 2150 kilometres of rumble strips to alert drivers when are departing from their lane
- nearly 1000 kilometres of wide centreline providing greater distance for drivers to recover from lane departure
- close to 1500 high-risk rural curve improvements including shoulder sealing, barriers, rumble strips, signage and line-marking upgrades
- over 100 urban intersection improvements including roundabouts and traffic signal upgrades.
Over the last two years, the Safer Roads Program has invested $300 million to deliver 113 kilometres of barriers, 3000 kilometres of rumble strips and 2800 kilometres of wide centreline across NSW.
To learn more about road safety in NSW, visit the Safer Roads Program.