As well as free vehicle entry to NSW's 45 fee-paying national parks, landing fees at The Basin, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and Sydney Harbour National Park will be waived.
Seven public events will be held at National Park sites across the state on 8 October.
A free day of family fun awaits at the Royal National Park, with live music, dancers, activities for kids to learn about Aboriginal culture and Australian wildlife and a free lunchtime sausage sizzle.
Other events will be held at :
• Roto House, Macquarie Nature Reserve, Port Macquarie
• Cape Byron Lighthouse, Byron Bay
• Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre, Morton National Park
• Yarrangobilly Caves, Kosciuszko National Park
• Hill End Historic Site, Hill End
• The Kinchega Woolshed and Shearers Quarters Complex, Kinchega National Park