GIPA Act - Request access to information

To access NSW government information you'll need to submit a request to the relevant department.

Select the NSW Government department from the list below. For further information about how to lodge a GIPA with the relevant department, please refer to the contact numbers below. 

Please note that if you want to lodge a GIPA application with a local council, you will need to contact the relevant local council directly.

GIPA contact numbers


Communities and Justice &
Family and Community Services (FACS)
(02) 9716 2662
Customer Service(02) 9219 3700
Education                    (02) 7814 3525 
Health(02) 9391 9000
NSW Police(02) 8835 6888
Planning and Environment(02) 9860 1440
Premier and Cabinet(02) 9228 5871
Transport for NSW(02) 8202 3768


Top of page