Skip to main content
Brad Hazzard

Brad Hazzard

Minister for Health and Medical Research


If you are experiencing an emergency, please contact triple zero (000).

COVID-19 information, news and updates

If you are in urgent need of mental health support, call one of the following crisis care services: 

Rules and restrictions to protect the community from COVID-19 apply across NSW, including stay at home orders.

Full details of the rules and restrictions, including maps of the affected areas, can be found on the NSW Government website:

Further COVID-19 rules and restrictions are in place for local government areas of concern.

The NSW Government will provide financial assistance, support measures and tax relief to help businesses and people across the state impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions.

The NSW Government website includes answers to common questions about the latest rule changes, a complete list of venues of concern and guidance for businesses.

NSW Health is asking all residents of NSW to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and get tested if any arise, even if you have been vaccinated.

You may be eligible for a Test and Isolate support payment.

To find your nearest clinic, visit the NSW Government website or contact your GP.

NSW Health is working closely with the Australian Government to plan and implement a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination program in NSW.

For the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccination program in NSW, please visit the NSW Government or NSW Health websites.

NSW Health vaccination clinics and participating general practices and pharmacies across the state are open for COVID-19 vaccination bookings. If you are aged 18 years or older you can book an appointment now.

To check your eligibility and book an appointment at a location near you, visit the Australian Government eligibility checker. More locations are being added regularly so check back to find a clinic near you.

For further information, please visit the NSW Health and National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance websites. 

Face mask rules have changed.

When you leave home, you must carry a face mask with you at all times. NSW Health strongly recommends wearing face masks if you are unable to physically distance from people you do not live with.

You must wear a face mask in all indoor areas of non-residential premises, and in indoor areas of common property in a residential building such as an apartment block.

You must wear a face mask if you go outside in a public area in a local government area of concern.

If you cannot wear a face mask because of a disability, physical or mental health illness or condition, you must carry either:

  • a medical certificate or letter signed by a registered health practitioner (such as a doctor) or a registered NDIS provider, OR
  • a statutory declaration.

Rules and restrictions apply if you have been in an affected area, area of concern or a place of high concern, and are entering or have entered NSW.

If you wish to travel to another state, check the state government website for your destination for the latest information and follow the rules for what you can do in NSW when you return.

Please visit the NSW Government website for more information or to complete an NSW entry declaration.

If you are travelling to NSW from overseas and are seeking an exemption on medical grounds from the 14-day mandatory hotel quarantine, please visit the NSW Health website.

People who are currently quarantined in designated hotels, and require on-site medical or mental health assistance, call Healthcare Australia on 1300 422 247.

Information and resources for businesses about protecting staff and customers from COVID-19, financial relief and personalised support is available through the NSW Government website.

A Service NSW Business Concierge can assist businesses impacted by COVID-19. Call 13 77 88 between 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday.

If you would like to offer a product for supply to NSW Health or other NSW Government agencies, please visit

If you require PPE supplies, you can find details of suppliers through the buy.nsw PPE portal.

Increased fines and new compliance measures are now in place for breaches of public health orders.

Crime Stoppers NSW is the best and most appropriate way to report any breaches or concerns around people acting contrary to self-isolation or Health Orders. Crime Stoppers NSW can be contacted on 1800 333 000 or visit the Crime Stoppers website. 

For 24/7 advice and support on non-health-related COVID-19 enquiries from NSW community and businesses

  • Call Service NSW on 13 77 88 or find out about COVID-19 on the NSW Government website.

If you have symptoms and wish to speak to a registered nurse

For general advice on COVID-19

  • Call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080  or visit the Australian Government's Health website. 

You can send a message to Minister Hazzard using the form below about public hospitals, dental issues and the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC).

Your correspondence will be addressed as soon as possible. Please refer to our correspondence policy for more information.

Before completing the form, please refer to the below links which may address your enquiry.

Your details

Your enquiry

Maximum 3 files.
16 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, tif, pict, txt, rtf, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx.

Social media


Brad Hazzard on

Top of page