The NSW Customer Strategy, 'Towards a customer-centric government' outlines the importance and benefits of customer-centricity. It explains the things we will do to become the world's most customer-centric government.
The strategy is underpinned by a customer framework and Customer Commitments - both have been co-designed with customers and employees and embed best practice principles.
Learn more about the customer framework and customer commitments below or read the strategy in full.
Research shows that improved customer experiences can be achieved by focusing on 5 key areas:
- Understanding customer needs
- Prioritising effort on what makes the most impact for customers
- Delivering a high-quality experience to customers
- Engaging with customers on priorities for the future
- Embedding a customer service culture
- Make it easy to access what I need.
- Make it simple for me to understand.
- Show you understand my situation.
- Treat me fairly and with respect.
- Provide service in my time of need.
- Tell me what I need to know beforehand.
- Minimise the need for me to repeat myself.
- Make what I need to do straightforward.
- Be clear about what steps are involved.
- Contact me when I need to know something.
- Let me know what the outcomes could be.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Be clear in decision-making.
- Reach an outcome.
- Listen to the community to understand our needs.
- Ask us how we want services delivered.