Customers are confident the NSW Government is working in their best interests.
- have a say in what matters to them and see outcomes that reflect community involvement
- trust government is working in customers’ best interests, with evidence showing benefits to customers
- experience a transparent and open government that protects customers’ privacy and data.
Results for customers are being delivered.
- receive responsive and safe services that anticipate needs
- are confident services cater for diverse NSW customers, delivered by a public service that mirrors this diversity
- know government is accountable to customers for the outcomes it delivers.
The NSW Government is easy to deal with.
- receive high quality experiences, regardless of the interaction or agency
- clearly understand their obligations, options and entitlements
- experience the simplest path to get something done.
The NSW Government will put the customer at the centre of everything that it does to achieve high quality customer outcomes and world-leading customer experiences.
Research into leading global organisations shows that improved customer experiences can be achieved by focusing on five key areas:
- Understand customer needs based on data and insights.
- Prioritise based on what creates the most impact for customers.
- Deliver a seamless and high quality experience to customers.
- Engage with customers meaningfully on priorities for the future.
- Embed a customer service culture across the public service.
A customer-centric government maintains deep knowledge of customers’ expectations, experiences, behaviours and outcomes; and routinely uses customer insights to inform decision-making.
A customer-centric government drives investment and activity towards the things that matter most.
A customer-centric government reliably delivers high quality services that provide outcomes for its customers.
Meaningfully engaging with customers helps government provide better policies and services.
Culture is what will sustain and grow a customer-centric government.
- Embed the Customer Engagement Platform to further connect with customers on issues across NSW Government
- Accelerate delivery of nsw.gov.au website consolidation as a single source of trusted and tailored information for customers
- Roll out the NSW Government Brand Framework, bringing more services under the Waratah brand where appropriate, to support seamless recognition for customers
NSW Customer Council
- Drives customer-centricity across whole of government
- Advises on prioritisation and delivery of high impact customer initiatives across government
- Drives strategy delivery and ongoing development
- Monitors progress against KPIs
Cabinet and Cabinet Committees
- Approves, monitors and reviews delivery of NSW Government priorities
- Applies whole of customer lens to government investment decisions
- Makes funding decisions for Digital Restart Fund
Department of Premier and Cabinet, NSW Treasury, Public Service Commission, Regional NSW
- Provides the framework for upskilling the sector’s customer-centric capabilities and behaviours
- Supports a customer lens in budget and funding decisions
- Implements the strategy across NSW Government including customer initiatives
- Aligns with common approaches where appropriate and shares learnings across government
Department of Customer Service
- Supports delivery towards the vision
- The Information and Privacy Commission oversees public reporting of progress, as an independent expert on privacy and citizen access to government information