The $140 million Regional Job Creation Fund supports existing businesses in regional NSW to grow and encourages interstate or overseas businesses to invest in regional NSW.
Regional NSW is Australia’s largest and most diverse regional economy and is home to thriving agribusiness, energy and resources industries and strong manufacturing, tourism and service sectors.
It has all the key ingredients for businesses to thrive and has direct road and rail access to major domestic markets and highly efficient transport linkages to some of the world’s fastest growing markets across Asia and beyond.
The Regional Job Creation Fund supports regional investment and job creation by providing co-funding to activate or bring forward regional projects in engine, enabling or emerging engine industries. Examples of eligible projects could include the:
- replacement, upgrade or adaptation of plant and equipment at an existing regional NSW business
- establishment of an additional production line for an existing regional NSW business
- onshoring of activity currently done overseas to a regional NSW location
- development of new regionally significant and /or iconic tourism experiences and visitor attractions creating new inter-state or international demand in the region
- relocation of a business operation from out of state to regional NSW
The Regional Job Creation Fund’s focus is to co-fund projects creating at least five sustainable regional jobs. Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash co-contribution to the project and the NSW Government contribution will be no more than $20,000 per new job created through the project.
Regional Job Creation Fund Round Two
Detailed information about the Regional Job Creation Fund Round Two, the eligibility requirements, how to apply and the assessment process can be found in the Regional Job Creation Fund Round Two Program Guidelines.
Applications for Round Two of the Regional Job Creation Fund open Wednesday 2 February 2022 and close 9am Monday 14 March 2022.
Please note an Expression of Interest must be submitted by 5pm Friday 18 February 2022 to proceed with the application process.
- RJCF Round Two Program Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Expression of Interest Checklist (PDF, 208.16 KB)
- Webinar Recording (held on Tuesday 8 February)
Please call 1300 679 673 or email email@example.com for Regional Job Creation Fund queries.
The Concierge Service provides end-to-end support for businesses wishing to set up or expand their operations in regional NSW. Get in touch.
Successful projects - Round One
To view the map in full screen, please click here.