Round Four applications are now closed
Applications for the Stronger Country Communities Fund Round Four opened on 1 May 2021 and closed 25 June 2021.
The $100 million Round Four includes up to $50 million for projects that enhance female participation in sport, including change rooms. The remaining $50 million will be made available for high-quality community amenity and sports-related infrastructure projects.
The Stronger Country Communities Fund will continue to deliver grassroots projects that will reinvigorate our rural communities in every single Local Government Area in regional NSW.
Applications opened - 1 May 2021
- Applications closed - 12pm on Friday 25 June 2021
- Assessment and approval process - July to September 2021
- Announcement of successful projects - From September 2021
- Funding deed contracted - From October 2021
- Program evaluation - To commence January 2022
Program information and resources
The following resources and tools were made available to support potential applicants with their submissions:
- Stronger Country Communities Fund Round Four Program Guidelines
- Stronger Country Communities Fund Round Four Frequently Asked Questions
- SCCF Project Plan template (XLSX, 23.84 KB)
- SCCF Project Budget template (XLSX, 30 KB)
- SCCF Landowner Consent Form (DOCX, 58.65 KB)
- SCCF Project Outcomes Reporting Guidance Note
- SCCF Sample Funding Deed
To assist eligible applicants applying for funding in Round Four, the Department of Regional NSW hosted a free online webinar on Thursday 13 May 2021 which provided a high-level overview of the program and guidance on the eligibility requirements and the application process.
View the webinar recording below.
The Department of Regional NSW has a network of Business Development Managers located across regional NSW who are available to answer questions and provide advice about the assessment and approval process for Round Four.
To access this support please email email@example.com or call 1300 679 673. Please review the online resources provided above and the Frequently Asked Questions before getting in touch.
The NSW Government has already invested $400 million into Stronger Country Communities Fund projects which boost the liveability of regional areas and enhance opportunities for young people to thrive and be work ready in regional NSW.
In Round 1, $100 million was invested to improve community facilities such as town halls, recreation areas, shared paths and playgrounds. Through Round 2, a further $200 million was invested to provide community and sports-related infrastructure.
In 2019, Round 3 provided $100 million for community projects with at least $50 million targeted to youth related projects including indoor sports programs, creative arts and culture projects, mentoring and skills training services.
Stronger Country Communities Fund approved projects – rounds one, two and three
Stronger Country Communities project success stories
- General enquiries: Email the Stronger Country Communities Fund team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone enquiries: 1300 679 673
- Grant management queries: If your enquiry refers to an approved project with an existing funding deed, email the Grants Management Office at email@example.com. Please quote your Application ID in the email subject line
- Branding and signage approvals: For approval to use logos, signs and branding for projects with allocated funding, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the NSW Government Funding Acknowledgement Guidelines before getting in touch.