- 6 tsp Can't Adult Today loose leaf tea
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (80g) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) fresh lime juice (approx 2 limes)
- 7 cups (1.65l) cold water
- 12 mint leaves
- Extra mint leaves and lime/grapefruit slices for garnish
1. Boil 2 cups of water and pour over tea in a teapot. Add baking soda and let steep for 15 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar with ½ cup water and heat over high heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add mint leaves to the syrup. Let it cool for 10 minutes. Once cooled, strain out mint leaves.
3. Combine steeped tea with lime juice in a large pitcher. Add mint syrup to taste (approx half). Stir well and serve over ice. Garnish with mint leaves and slices of lime and grapefruit.
4. Splash in a measure of your favourite spirit if it’s cocktail o’clock.
This recipe serves 4–6.