- 125g butter
- 1 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 cups (approx 3 medium bananas) banana, mashed
- 1¾ cups (350g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60ml) Superbee Honey
- Extra butter to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer (you can use a hand mixer or whisk) and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs slowly and beat well to combine then add the banana, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and honey and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm lightly greased tin, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a fork. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a board or rack.
- Slice and serve with the extra butter.
This recipe serves 4 to 6.