Get job ready

This might be your first job, or you might be starting out on a new career journey. There are a range of free support services available to young Australian workers needing career assistance or job advice.

Before you hit the road, all workers in Australia need to register with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) to obtain a Tax File Number (TFN) and register for superannuation payments.

The links below take you to external websites - see disclaimer.


Taking a gap year is a big adventure but also a big change for many young people so it is important to look out for your wellbeing and that of your fellow travellers. The health and wellbeing support services below can give you advice and support on staying mentally healthy.

Top of page